Friday, October 23, 2009

This is getting to be a challenge

[caption id="attachment_58" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Spinach and Mushroom mini quiches"]Pop em in your mouth[/caption]

Am I regretting my decision to give the blood type diet a chance? Yeah.

Am I beginning to question how such a restrictive diet could work in the long run? Uh-huh.

Am I going to give up? Hell, no! Cos my pride is the only thing bigger than my craving for tofu.

Yes I know that sounds ridiculous. Whoever craves tofu, right?

Anyways, back to my progress.  I have decided to stay away from broccoli for a few days -- I''ve been having it so often, them florets are starting to invade my dreams. Me and broccoli -- I think we need some space.

And so, I've decided to turn to spinach (good for me) and eggs (good for me about 3/4 times a week) and cheese (good for me) and mushrooms (neutral -- i.e. they arent beneficial but they ain't gonna do me harm).   Mix all these up -- with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and some milk) and I got myself six pretty little muffin quiches (no pastry, as wheat is the enemy) that are delicious, healthy and type-B friendly.

Muffin Quiches (makes 6) ♣


3 or 4 medium to large button mushrooms (fresh is always better), sliced


2 tbsp leaf spinach (I used canned spinach), chopped


1 green chilli, chopped


1 tbsp crushed tomatoes (I used canned Italian tomatoes)


3 eggs


1 cup milk


leek (about a 3 inch stem), sliced.


chilli flakes


mozerella cheese, cubed small


4 black olives for garnishing, sliced


1 tbsp butter


1. Heat butter in a skillet and add leek. Saute for about 3 mins, then add mushrooms. Cook till brownish (about 4 mins) and add spinach, tomatoes  and green chilli. Cook for a few minutes and add chilli flakes, a pinch of salt and black pepper -- be generous with the pepper. Take off the fire.


2. Heat oven at 180 C


3. Whisk eggs with milk, add salt and then add in the cooked  ingredients.


4. Divide mix and half fill the muffin cups. Add cubed mozerella -- distribute evenly in all six cups. Fill with remaining egg mix.


5. Top with sliced olives and bake for 40 mins.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails