Monday, November 16, 2009

Perfect for a rainy day

[caption id="attachment_222" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Nothing like creamy mushroom soup on a rainy day. And it's Type B perfect."]Mushroom soup[/caption]

Mushroom soup easily ranks as one of  my favourite things to eat. Especially when its cold outside. For the longest time, homemeade mushroom soup for me meant a can of Campbells'  (I'd add some milk and call it my own).

[caption id="attachment_230" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Hello, old friend"]mushroooom[/caption]

Then, one day I decided to try making my own from scratch. I figure, this way I could add more yummy mushrooms!

Cranking open a can of Campbells is way cheaper than making your own mushroom soup but homemade soup is a gazillion times more tasty. And, seriously, its almost as easy.

♣ Delish Mushroom soup

3 cups mushrooms (Swiss button/ shitake/white button ... as long as it's fresh), cut into 1 inch pieces.

1.5 cups leek, sliced.

300ml vege stock

milk

pepper and salt

Parmesan cheese

Heat some butter in a saucepan and add leek when hot. When soft, add mushrooms and cook till browned -- about 5-7 mins. Add pepper. Add stock and cook till it simmers. Add millk -- about 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup and salt and cook till it simmers. Turn off fire.

Blend (depends on what consistency you want. I like it a but chunky).

Return to stove and cook till it simmers. Add cheese. turn off. Serve with croutons or saltines or crackers.

burp and smile.

1 comment:

  1. this one too, have it on the menu for next time please.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails