Friday, January 15, 2010

A fool for pretty tools



Most girls go grazy over make up or hand bags or shoes. I go crazy over cooking gadgets, kitchen utensils and cookware. C-R-A-Z-Y. I surf for them and I shop for them where ever I go ... even when i am on holiday.

I am in Pasadena, Calif and it's winter. But it's kinda sunny and just a little chilly so after checking into my hotel, I dumped my bags and headed out for a nice walkabout.

Something must be said for having good intentions. My walk about came to an abrupt halt after barely a  km when I chanced upon a Crate @ Barrel store. My heart skipped a beat. And then it went ballistic. You see, before leaving home, I had already surfed the C&B website to check out the goods  and especially to see what was on sale. There were a few things I bookmarked, hence my excitement.

$1.95 ramekins? $2 bowls; $.95 jars? Are you kidding me? Forget about the Hermes bag: I'd rather use the money to furnish my kitchen with some kick ass gadgets.

After 1.5 hours of looking through the store meticulously, I decided to buy a just a few things, first. I have every intention of going back but I want to check out some flea markets where I hope I will find more unique stuff. I also want to save some space for some ingredients I want to bring back -- like chipotle; you know ingredients you read about in books but aren't available at home and you're just dying to know what its like?

So, here's to a week of productivity!

2 comments:

  1. I wasnt going to comment as it was written a while ago, I would like to thank you for your nice work on your website. I will keep checking your blog for new entries as we are also working on our blog and I want to share some of your posts with our readers if its ok for you. Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words and sure you may link my posts in your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails